Di Vacone’s marquess noble, Angelo and Angela Guglielmi’s daughter, from the di Antognolla’s earls and di Valenzina’s marquess’. After studying in Perugia at Fine Arts Academy, she took the high school diploma at Liceo Artistico in Rome. Later, in Florence she took painting lessons from Adriana Pincherle and in 1956 she got graduated at Istituto Centrale del Restauro in Rome. As freelance, she had been restorer for the Soprintendenza alle Gallerie e Monumenti in Parma and Piacenza (1960-1964) and later for Soprintendenza dei Monumenti in Milan (1967-1970).
Among her intervention the most famous are the ones in Clerici’s Palace in Milan, the Visconteo Castle Chapel in Jerago and the Royal Little Room in Monza station. In 1970 she got married to the art historian Francesco Santi, at the time Umbrian Galleria Nazionale director, then mentioned as Superintendent on Monuments and Umbrian Gallery. They got together for the rest of their lives.
From her painting activity there are 123 painting inside the Foundation, figuring family and friends’ portraits, Perugia and Florence views, copy of Great Masters’ of Twentieth century.
She was deeply involved into Perugia and she always showed great attention into historical and artistic memories of the city, promoting and supporting various initiatives for local interest history.
In 1995 she curated the re-edition of the first three volumes – with the add of two unpublished volumes – of Descrizione topologico-istorica della città di Perugia by Serafino Siepi, curated by Mario Roncetti.
In 2001 was published the manuscript Raccolta delle cose segnalate by Cesare Crispolti, written in 1597 and curated by Laura Teza.
She was also honorary member of Umbrian Deputazione Storia Patria and Honorary Archivistic Inspector.
To find out more download the PDF