The “Lady” that gives name to this palace wing was Faustina Amedei, Francesco Maria degli Oddi’s wife, that came here in the middle of Eighteenth century.
The Lady Apartment actual set up derives from works commissioned by Angelo degli Oddi (1814-1871) between 1848 and 1869. The parietal and vaults decorations have been restored in 1997 by Barbara Marini Clarelli, the last owner.
Second landscape waiting room
From the right door in the Entrance Hall you can have access to the Second Landscape Waiting Room.
On the walls there are nine painting of the second half of Seventeenth century figuring View with ruins, Landscape with biblical and mythological stories.
Four of them are attributed to the circle of Giovanni Ghisolfi (1623-1683): View and capriccio with wayfarer ruins, View with Joseph saved from the well, View with perspective architecture and pool, View with Dido’s goodbye to Aeneas.
Lacustrine landscape with waterfall and circular tower was made by Pietro Montanini (1626-1689).
The pictorial taste of this room is in line with the First Landscape Waiting Room.
On the walls there are portraits of some important family members.
On the left of the entrance there’s the Angelo degli Oddi’s portrait by the circle of Silvestro Valeri (1814-1902): the restoration of the Lady Apartment is related to him.
Next to it, there’s Vittoria degli Oddi Marini Clarelli’s portrait – Angelo degli Oddi’s daughter and Luigi Marini Clarelli’s wife – painted by Andrea Scaramucci in 1929.
Very interesting the famous artists’ copies: on the right wall a S. John the Baptist by Caravaggio’s copy; in front of the entrance a Danae copied from Tiziano and Samson and Dalila copied from Orazio Alfani.
The date of the copies will be further investigated.